CSP – Drugs
00:00 – Intro
08:30 – Facts
10:19 – What are drugs?
17:20 – Bath salts
20:00 – How medical drugs are administered
30:10 – Why are drugs addictive?
33:20 – How drugs affect the brain
39:20 – Marijuana
46:45 – LSD
58:29 – Alternative systems
1:00:05 – Ending and outro
You can listen to The Conduct Science Podcast by using the player above, searching for “The Conduct Science Podcast” on any place you listen to your podcasts, using any of the links below, or you can download it HERE!
Links from the show:
- Addiction is incredibly hard, do not be afraid to reach out for help if you need it, below are links to various places which can offer support:
- Antarctic sponges
- Perserverance touchdown procedure
- Perserverance countdown
- Drug information
- au.gov drug wheel
- LSD wiki
This week on The Conduct Science Podcast, join Mitch and Tom as they explore the world of drugs! There are many categories of psychoactive drugs, but what does each one do? Mitch takes us down the route of medical drugs, how they help us, and the different ways they are effective! The boys then discover why drugs are addictive in the first place and how exactly they affect the brain! Tom walks through the science of Marijuana, what gives you the high and how it’s being used as treatment, before heading into the wild scientific history of LSD and bicycle day! Music: WhiteBatAudio.com
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to share your thoughts on our Twitter here: @Conduct_Science
Use #ConductScience on twitter to:
- Suggest a guest
- Suggest a topic
- Ask a question we can answer on the show
- Or to just get in touch!
Learn about our products:
- Visit our Lab
- Find Resources for your lab including protocols, methodologies, and more.
- Are you a scientist with a new device that you would like tech transferred? Join our Creators Program