- Cincinnati Water Maze (CWM) is a labyrinthine maze used to study egocentric navigation, learning, and memory.
- CWM is modified version of BWM made up of 9 unit multiple T-maze with a start location at point A and escape platform located at point B.
- The subjects undergo straight water channel training before being tested in the CWM.
- The test trials are conducted under infrared lighting to study egocentric navigation as it removes distal cues
- Number of errors and latency to escape is recorded.
- CWM is used to test effects of different drugs and lesions in disease models and genetically modified animals on egocentric learning, navigation, and memory.