Effects of medial dorsal thalamic and ventral pallidal lesions on the acquisition of a conditioned place preference: further evidence for the involvement of the ventral striatopallidal system in reward-related processes (Mcalonan 1993)
- The apparatus (100 x 60 x 30 cm) was made entirely from 3 mm Perspex, including a clear lid covering the box.
- The two larger compartments were either all black or white.
- The black compartment (80 x 30 cm) had wood shavings on the floor.
- The white compartment (80 x 30 cm) contained fine sawdust.
- In the middle of the opposite wall, a 12 x 12 cm vertically opening guillotine door gave access to the third, smaller grey compartment (60 x 20 cm) which had a bare floor.