The ConductScience Podcast: Intelligence
00:00 – Hello and welcome
01:43 – Factoids
20:54 – IQ
37:59 – Animal intelligence
41:20 – Tom’s dolphin rant
43:18 – Nature or nurture?
57:18 – Artificial Intelligence
1:01:30 – Rise of intelligence through society
1:03:28 – Ending and outro
You can listen to The Conduct Science Podcast by using the player above, searching for “The Conduct Science Podcast” on any place you listen to your podcasts, using any of the links below or you can download it HERE!
Links from the show:
- libraryofbabel.info – This is really creepy to be honest, anything that every could and has been written down already exists!
- seemypersonality.com – take the same online IQ test that we did and see how you compare!
- N-back task – This is a 3-back task, see how well you can remember if you saw the letters 3 sequences ago or not!
- What colour is a mirror? – Video from the incredible YouTube channel Vsauce!
This week on The Conduct Science Podcast, Tom and Mitch turn the cogs of intelligence. They each reveal their scores on an IQ test and explain why it is or isn’t the best way to explore human intelligence. From animals to AI the world shows many signs of what could be intelligence, but is it? And how does intelligence arise, is it through the classic nature or nurture argument or is something larger at play?
Music by: Joakim Karud – https://soundcloud.com/joakimkarud.
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to share your thoughts on our Twitter here: @Conduct_Science
Use #ConductScience on twitter to:
- Suggest a guest
- Suggest a topic
- Ask a question we can answer on the show
- Or to just get in touch!
Learn about our products: