The ConductScience Podcast: Paradoxes
00:00 – Hello and welcome
01:26 – Factoids
06:44 – What are paradoxes?
17:25 – The Bootstrap Paradox
23:57 – Time travel paradoxes
31:37 – How Interstellar helped black hole research
33:40 – The paradox of choice in our society
37:03 – The Fermi Paradox – are we alone in the universe?
47:26 – When would aliens contact us and what would they make of our society?
54:30 – Ending and Outro
You can listen to The Conduct Science Podcast by using the player above, searching for “The Conduct Science Podcast” on any place you listen to your podcasts, using any of the links below or you can download it HERE!
Links from the show:
- The Monty Hall Paradox Simulation
- The Paradox of Choice Ted Talk
- Kurzgesagt: The Fermi Paradox – Part 1 – Part 2
This week on the Conduct Science Podcast this description is false! Tom and Mitch take a look at paradoxes, one’s we see in everyday life, ones that took over 2,000 years to figure out and many that still perplex us to this day! From time travel and the Bootstrap Paradox to the statistical likelihood but no evidence for alien life in the Fermi Paradox, join us on The Conduct Science Podcast!
Music by: Joakim Karud – https://soundcloud.com/joakimkarud.
Thanks for Listening!
Feel free to share your thoughts on our Twitter here: @Conduct_Science
Use #ConductScience on twitter to:
- Suggest a guest
- Suggest a topic
- Ask a question we can answer on the show
- Or to just get in touch!
Learn about our products:
- Visit our Lab
- Find Resources for your lab including protocols, methodologies, and more.
- Are you a scientist with a new device that you would like tech transferred? Join our Tech Transfer Program