During the process of animal surgery or acute anesthetized animal experiment, maintaining animals’ body temperature is very important for the accuracy and reliability of the results, furthermore, it is an important way to reduce the mortality of the animals. To fulfill this need, we have a new generation of homothermic monitoring system “Thermostar”, which is a closed-loop temperature monitor/control system for rodents. The system includes the control unit, 1 flexible rectal probe, 1 heating pad
, and 1 heat insulation pad.
The control unit acquired a 4.3-inch color LCD touch screen, this user interface allows users to clearly view the subject’s real-time core body temperature, set the target temperature, view the heating state, and set audible alarms for the subject’s core body temperature abnormality. A specific control circuit for the heating pad and rectal probe, respectively, to ensure the stability and safety of the system.
- A closed-loop system with a rectal probe
- Easy-to-use color touch screen control
- Two-channel with independent control
- Precise and stable control of a subject’s temperature
- Flexible heating pads, easy to clean,
- Multiple heating pad sizes available
- Audible alarms function
- Centigrade(℃)and Fahrenheit degree (℉) mode display
- Real-time display of the working status of the heating pad, and monitor the working state of the channel: idle (IDLE), warning (WARNING), standby (STANDBY), and normal work
- Heating range:20-45 ℃, 0.1 ℃ resolution, Degrees Celsius and Fahrenheit can be switched
- Power supply: 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Control unit size: L205 x W148 x H80 mm
- Control unit weight: 1.3 kg
- Double channels were displayed in the user interface (UI), which enables two animals’ surgeries and experiments independently at the same time.
- UI displays a working progress bar of the heating pads, and the rectal probes working status: Idle, Warning, Standby, and Working.
- The temperature control accuracy is up to 0.1 Celsius, and switchable between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- It only takes minutes to rise from room temperature to 37 ℃ by rapid heating technique.
- UI also provides switches for various prompts and alarms,
- Monitoring heating pads and rectal probes data at the same time, independent control circuits for heating pads and rectal probes ensure the stability and safety of the system.
- Easy-to-clean heating pads are made of non-toxic thermostable silica gel;
- Three different sizes of heating pads are available to fit all your surgical/experimental needs;
- A corresponding heat insulating pad is underneath every heating pad to avoid temperature loss